PSLE Results 2023 www.bec.co.bw Release Date & How to Check Online and via SMS? Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is likely to release the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results 2023 in the month of December at www.bec.co.bw results.
The Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) is a national standardized examination administered by the Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) to assess the knowledge and skills of learners in Botswana at the primary level. The PSLE is typically taken by learners in their final year of primary school, usually around the age of 12 or 13 years old.
PSLE Results 2023
The PSLE examination covers a range of subjects, including Mathematics, English, Setswana, Science, and Social Studies. The examination is designed to assess learners’ understanding of key concepts and their ability to apply them to real-world situations.
|Result Name||PSLE Results 2023|
|Result Publisher||Botswana Examinations Council|
|Results Publish Date (Tentative)||4th Week of December 2023|
|Current Result Status||Not Published|
|Official Results Announcement Date||Yet to come!|
|Result Checker Link 2||www.bec.co.bw|
|Country of Result||Botswana|
The PSLE is a national examination that candidates sit for at the end of the seven years of primary schooling. Candidates are assessed on the completion of the three-year upper primary curriculum. The examination is intended to be diagnostic to provide candidates and the schools with information on what has been achieved as well as identify areas of weakness.
The PSLE results are typically released in December of the same year after the examination is taken. Students or parents can check their results online through the BEC website or via SMS using their examination number and date of birth.
The PSLE scorecards are an important indicator of the quality of education in Botswana. They provide information on the overall performance of learners in different subjects, as well as individual learner performance. The PSLE results can also be used to track student progress over time and to inform educational policies and practices.
How to check PSLE results?
There are several ways to check Botswana Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results. Here are the most common methods:
#1: Check online via the Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) website:
- Visit the BEC website at www.bec.co.bw.
- Click on the “My Results” tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the type of examination as PSLE,
- Indicate Year a: 2023
- Enter Center number: P100001
- Enter Candidate number: 1002
- Enter Candidate surname: Mirtor
- Enter your examination number and center number in the spaces provided. These numbers can be found on your exam admission letter or timetable.
- Click on the “Search” button to view your results.
#2: Check via SMS:
- Send an SMS with your candidate number and examination year to 16677
- You will receive a reply with your results
For PSLE: Compose a text message (sms) comprising of; Examination level, Center number, candidate number, and candidate surname (include space between the parameters) and send sms to 16688. Example: PSLE P100001 1002 Mirtor
#3: Check in person:
- Visit your school or the district education office where you wrote the exam
- Bring your candidate number and identification document (e.g. birth certificate, passport, ID card)
- Ask to see your PSLE results
It is important to note that PSLE results are usually released in December or early January, so you may need to wait until that time to check your results.
Summary of the PSLE Results
- There was a total of 49 333 candidates who sat the 2022 PSLE compared to 46984 in 2021. This represents an increase of 4.99% in candidature between 2021
- Overall, there is an insignificant decrease of 1.52% in the candidates awarded Credit Pass at grades C or better in 2022 (70.49%) compared to 2021 (72.01%).
- Setswana registered the highest A to C grades at 78.04% followed by English at 68.11%, while Science has the lowest A to C grades at 53.48%.
- Female candidates continue to perform better than males across all subjects.
- Analysis by dimensions indicates that generally, candidates are challenged on high-order thinking skills.
- North East and South East are the highest performing regions at 83.57% and 82.78% respectively while Ghanzi is the lowest at 54.61% but the highest improved
among all regions at A-C grades.
Where can I get more information on this Service
Ministry of Basic Education Headquarters
Department of Basic Education
Block 6, Government Enclave, Floor 5
Tel. (+267) 371-5100 Ext 5122
Opening hours: 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
BEC website www.bec.co.bw.